HOME | LAKES | RATES | SPECIALS | INFORMATION | CONTACT US
Hidden Bay Lodge & Camps, Sioux Lookout Ontario Canada
1 800 HIDDEN BAY (year round) | (807) 737 1349 (summer)
Boat Operator Competency Requirements
The Competency of Operators of Pleasure Craft Regulations require that all operators of pleasure craft fitted with a motor have proof of competency and proof of age on board at all times.
* As of September 15, 2009, all operators will be required to have proof of
How the Regulations Apply to Non-Residents
The Regulations apply to non-residents:
* If they operate their own pleasure craft in Canadian waters for more than 45
consecutive days or,
* If they operate a pleasure craft that is licensed or registered in Canada
(including rented or chartered boats).
* Please note that a proof of residence will be required on board at all times.
Acceptable Proof of Competency for Non-Residents
For non-residents, proof of competency can take one of three forms:
* A Canadian-issued pleasure craft operator
* A completed boat rental safety check-list
(for power-driven rental boats).
* An operator card or equivalent that meets
the requirements of their state or country.
Although you are not required to have a boaters card to operate one our boats, it's still a good idea to take the course.
Hidden Bay will happily provide Free Of Charge a Boat Rental Safety Check List to any guest operating a boat at our outpost cabins, as proof of compentency should you decied not to take a Boaters Card course.
If you wish, you can write your exam and receive your state boaters card online. Click on the link! ------->
For more information on requirements for foreign recreational boaters in Canadian waters and boating safety, please click and follow the Transport Canada link. -------->
Escape to Scenic
Call us @
1 800 HIDDEN BAY